Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Simple Knit Scarf


When I first started my journey into knitting I chose to do the easiest things I could find. There isn't much easier than a scarf that uses basic knits and purls to give it some texture. For the scarf pictured above I used an elongated seed stitch patter that is worked over 4 repeating rows and an even number of stitches. The rows work as follows:

Row 1: Knit 1 Purl 1
Row 2 and 3: Purl 1 Knit 1
Row 4: Knit 1 Purl 1

I chose to work with 2 balls of Charisma yarn in a self striping color called Mulberry Bush. I worked the scarf to be about as long as I am tall, so a little over 5 feet. This left plenty of yarn to make some nice fringe at the bottom. I made this scarf  in many color variations and so far everyone who has gotten one has loved it! Charisma is a very soft acrylic that gets even softer after it's first wash. Not to mention that it is often on sale for a really great price at Michael's... And I'm a stay at home mom with a tight budget. So it really is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment